KNW Series ANSI 150 Class Basket Strainer Housings
The KNW series, simplex basket strainers in cast carbon steel, are in-line T-strainer housings and are commonly installed into pipeline systems to remove debris from the pipeline flow. These basket strainers are used where debris loading is high and the collection of solids is required. Straining is achieved by using a perforated or mesh lined wedge-cut straining basket, inside the strainer housing. It is important to note that the proper size of a basket strainer is determined by its job function, not by the size of the pipeline.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Send us the details and we will get back to you.
SIMPLEX CAST BASKET STRAINER
Carbon Steel, Flanged
Available Sizes: 2″, 3″, 4″ and 6″
These ANSI class 150 strainers are available with flanged (RF) end connections, with inlet & outlet sizes available from 2 to 6 inches. Housings come equipped with a standard 1/4″ perforated 304 stainless steel, wedge-cut designed strainer basket, 3/4” NPT vent and fluid drain. Drain size is determined by housing I/O size.
The KNW series, simplex basket strainer, with its large body and sizeable basket, can store large amounts of debris which increases the time between servicing. Housings have a machined seat with o-ring that allows fine filtration, down to 40 microns, by preventing debris bypass.
Contact us to request a quote today.
Face to Face
NPT Drain with Plug
|NPT Vent with Plug||¾”||¾”||¾”||¾”|
|Assembled Weight approx. (lbs)||28||45||85||128|
Dimensions in inches except where noted. Due to our continuing program of product improvement, specifications are for reference only and subject to change without notice. Dimensions are approximate values and not intended for piping specifications. Additional clearance needed for basket removal.
• Cast carbon steel construction
• ANSI class 150 Rating with flanged connections
• 304 non-asbestos flat closure gasket as standard (Other materials available)
• Wedge-cut style basket (except on 2” model)
• 304 SS, quality basket for tighter seal and longer life
• Bolted flange closure standard
• 3/4 inch NPT vent with plug
• NPT Blow-off/fluid drain (Strainer inlet & outlet size determines drain size)
• 304 SS perforated basket included as standard
• Variety of basket material, perforation and mesh sizes are available
Typical applications include: petroleum, oil and gas, water and wastewater, pulp and paper, chemical and petrochemical, transportation, marine, and food industries.